teens & dental health
As our amazing kids grow into amazing teens it's sometimes challenging to keep up monitored good hygiene routines. Using a striped toothbrush helps identify and remind teens of brushing between meals as well as text or App. See Disney's Magic Timer App here.
DENTAL THINGS TO KNOW FOR OLDER AMAZING KIDS
- Sealants are protective coatings that bond in the deep grooves of teeth to protect, or seal, against decay.
- Fluoride applications in appropriate amounts every 6 months at dental visits help to prevent tooth decay, can help remineralize teeth, and can decrease demineralization of teeth.
- Mouth guards should be worn for sports practices and games! The best ones are the ones with a custom fit.
- It's never too late for an orthodontic for your teen!
- Xylitol in chewing gum can also help reduce cavities in kids.
- Tobacco use in any form can lead to mouth cancer.
- Tongue piercings are not amazing for your kids health! They can lead to infections and other threatening situations.