caring for KIds dental health
Your Amazing Kid's dental health is maintained by amazing habits and a healthy diet. Want to avoid cavities? Brushing twice a day with toothpaste, flossing once a day, and limiting sugary snacks and beverages is how you do it.
Guidelines for your kids dental care
- Limiting sugary snacks and beverages.
- Brushing twice a day with toothpaste, flossing once a day, using fun songs and 'brush tunes' help. Find some great examples here.
- Only water in sippy cups for "during the night" drinks.
- Fluoride applications in appropriate amounts every 6 months at dental visits help to prevent tooth decay, can help remineralize teeth, and can decrease demineralization of teeth.
- Mouth guards should be worn for sports practices and games! The best ones are the ones with a custom fit.
- The best time to have your child evaluated for orthodontic needs is age 7!
- Xylitol in chewing gum can also help reduce cavities in kids.